Mini vacation

This weekend I traveled to good ole Fort Myers, Florida to meet up with a friend. It was fun. We stayed at a hotel, went to dinner and enjoyed each other's company. The night was chilly, 55 degrees, and the town was actually pretty built up. I was under the impression that Fort Myers was going to be well, country-ish.
I took i75 all the way up to exit 136. The drive wasn't too bad because traffic was light and I drove during the day. I checked into one of my job's brand hotel properties and was off to my room on the highest floor, level 3. What happened in room 310 is a whole nother juicy story. Not for this blog ;)
After our delightful activities my friend and I decided to get something to eat. We searched for a few restaurants and settled with a nearby Apple-bees. The restaurant was pretty full but we didn't have to wait long at all to be seated. Our waiter greeted us and asked us if we wanted to start off with some drinks. He told us there was a 2 for 1 special on drinks before letting us make our selections. My friend opted for 2 blue moons and I chose 2 Bahama mamas. They were perfect. Next we ordered our food. I ordered chicken wanton tacos and a french onion soup. I think I was to into the menu to catch the name of what my friend ordered but it was some corkscrew pasta with chicken on top.
Dinner was tasty with some casual conversation. When we finished our meals he paid the waiter and we went back to the hotel.
The next morning, my friend had to leave earlier than expected because he had to go into work to go over some things. He left around 8:00 a.m. and I lingered in bed for another hour or so before heading out myself. It was the best mini vacation a girl, that's been working like crazy, could ask for. Until we meet again Fort Myers ☮

Comments