Tough Monkey




On March 17, 2018 I ran my first 5k race but it wasn't only a 5k race, it also had 25 obstacle courses. I know what you're thinking, what a way to introduce myself to 5k races!
It was a beautiful Saturday morning at Amelia Earhart Park, a little chilly but just the right kind of chilly you would like for outdoor activities. There was a sea of competitors and orange signs with a tough looking monkey logo that read, Terrain Racing. 
My race was supposed to start at 8:15 am, however; that did not happen because my friend, who was joining me, was a little late. That was fine by me because it gave me time to observe the race scene. At around 8:30 am I spotted my friend who had a hot pink water bottle in hand. We greeted each other and I explained to her that she had to sign a waiver stating that, Terrain Racing was not responsible for her injuries if she were to get hurt. Once the papers were signed we headed towards the start of the race.
The race started with the competitors jumping into a pool of water that was about 3 feet deep. Some of the obstacles in the race were out of my range of physical capabilities but I tried them all anyways. There was some monkey bar looking ones that I couldn't do because I am slightly scared of heights. I'm okay if I am on something high up as long as it's secure but when I am on something that I can easily fall off of and get hurt, then I won’t be able to do it and my fears will take the best of me. 
Overall, Terrain Racing was both exhilarating and a challenging experience. I look forward to doing it again next year, however; I will train harder for it! If you would like to learn more about Terrain Racing here is the link to next year's race https://terrainracing.com/locations/miami-2019/


-XOXO        

Comments